[En-Nut-Discussion] which "Programmer" to pick when configuring Nut/OS ?

Michael Gong mwgong at cs.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 4 22:35:54 CET 2007

Hi , all,

Finally, I got the NutConf built. Now, I am in the process of setting
the Nut/OS Configurator by following the software manual.

When I come the step of setting the "Programmer" on the "Samples" tab, I
am confused. From the drop down list, following choices are available:

avr-dude
avr-jtagice
avr-jtagicemkii
avr-uisp-stk500
gba-xport2

How would I know which one to pick ?

I tried picking "avr-uisp-stk500", then building the Nut/OS and the
httpd server application. But when I run "make burn", an error message
came out : "uisp : Command not found", like

>make burn
uisp -dprog=stk500 -dserial=/dev/ttyS0 -dspeed=115200 -dpart=atmega128 --erase
 --upload if=httpserv.hex
make: uisp: Command not found

Any advices are welcome !

Thanks.