[En-Nut-Discussion] eboot problems with linux tftp server

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Sat Jul 28 20:03:11 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently working on an eboot port to ATMega2561. Now everything
works fine but another problem came up.

eboot does not implement an arp reply, but my linux box tries to send an
arp request from time to time. After a short time the arp entry on linux
(which was created by the arp request send from ethernut board on
startup) expires and does not refresh because eboot does not responde to
arp requests.

In real world the linux arp entry expires just after two thirds of the
bootfile (approximately 180kb) are send. From this time on no further
communication with the ethernut board happens.

The result is a halfly flashed ethernut board. Now the bootloader tries
to boot the board which now will hang or reboot constantly.

I added an arp response function to the eboot code. Now it works like a
charme :) This could be usefull for appload too.

I'll add the code together with the ATMega2561 support to CVS tomorrow.
The resulting binary is unfortunatly slightly larger than 4
KB :-( (compiled with avr-gcc 4.1.2)

Bye,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |