[En-Nut-Discussion] OS X configurator build problems

Tom Armitage Tom.Armitage at tenix.com
Sun Jul 29 05:38:20 CEST 2007

I've made some progress, I've managed to get everything to compile
under Mac OS X, I had to drop back to using lua 5.0.3 rather than
5.1.2 that darwin ports installed.

The command line nutconfigurator works fine but there's a problem
with nutconf.

nutconf launches and gets stuck.  The splash screen, main window and
a file open dialog box appear, but that's all.  The splash screen
stays up, I can't select anything in the file open dialog box or the
main window.  The only thing I can do is move the open dialog box
around the screen, nothing is clickable on any of the windows.

I've looked into the nutconf code a bit and tried commenting out the
splash screen to see if that helps, but I get the same result, just
without the splash screen.

I've added some printf statememnts to the code to try and work out
what is going on, the code appears to get stuck on the following line
in at the end of NutConfApp::OnInit():

     m_docManager->CreateDocument(m_settings->m_configname, 0);

but I'm not convinced that's the real source of the problem, I'm just
not sure where the code goes after this!

Any ideas to point me in the direction of the problem?  nutconf looks
like it wants to work.

I'm using wxWidgets 2.8.4, lua 5.0.3, gcc 4.01, autoconf 2.59,
automake 1.6.3.

Tom