[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS TCP/IP versus Commercial Implementations

Andrew Mieczkowski Andrew.Mieczkowski at Airgas.com
Thu Mar 1 23:29:51 CET 2007

Howdy,

   I have been using Nut/OS and TCP/IP on Ethernut 2 and AT91SAM7X-EK
boards and they have been performing wonderfully. I have also tried a
demo from CRX systems to see how well the AT91SAM7X-EK would function
with without an OS. It seemed a little faster, but not worth the cash
(at the moment). The commercial code seems obscenely common, so I can
not see spending so much money for the same functionality as Nut/OS. For
my application, I am only using base TCP/IP functionality to exchange
raw data over TCP or UDP connection.

   I was just curious if anyone else has used/evaluated the commercial
versions and compared them to Ethernut. I am particularly interested in
stability and reliability before I formally implement it. I have had
very good luck with Nut/OS and the TCP/IP stack so far and I am getting
more confident every day, but a more information always helps.

Thanks Again,

Andrew Mieczkowski