[En-Nut-Discussion] test cases for demonstrating tracing in Nut/OS

Michael Gong mwgong at cs.utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 2 17:56:52 CET 2007

Hi, Matthias and Nut/OS community,

I almost finished refactoring the Nut/OS tracer by using aspect. Now, I
need a simple test case for demonstrating that it works as before. The
test case I am using now is the "tcps" example included in the Nut/OS
distribution.

Though it can somehow print some output, I find the output is not very
interesting. For example, it only prints like:

Trace Start  ...
Thread Wait ...
Thread Yield ..
Thread Wait...

Trace Stop...

ie. it mainly only prints "wait" and "yield" kind of message. I think it
might be due to the fact that the "tcps" example is a very simple
application.

In order to make the test case more interesting,  I would like to see a
bit more various output.

Do you know how I can achieve it either by modifying "tcps" example or
by using another not-too-complex example ?

Any advices are welcomed !

Thanks.

Mike