[En-Nut-Discussion] how to upload .hex file to ethernut board in Windows

Michael Gong mwgong at cs.utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 5 22:25:24 CET 2007

Hi,

In Windows, I have a .hex file and I want to upload it to the ethernut
board.

1. I download the avrdude.exe from
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/avr/

2. I connect the ethernut board with my laptop through a usb-serial
converter.

3. I connect the JTAG header of the progammer adapter included in the
ethernut kit with the JTAG pin on the board.

4. I type following on command line:
    > avrdude -p m128 -P com4 -c stk500v2 -V -U flash:w:tcps.hex
avrdude: stk500_2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

Any suggestions on uploading the .hex file in Windows are welcomed !

Thanks.

Mike