[En-Nut-Discussion] Thread priority

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed May 16 11:34:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

> Maybe, but I want to check if my threads are still running.
> The easiest way to do that is using a high prio thread :-)

You might do so. But be aware that if your thread has the highest
priority it will always run if you don't use NutSleep to explecitly wait
some time. Of course you could also wait on events etc.

In other words: Your watchdog threads _needs_ to give back the cpu and
you may not do this by using NutThreadYield() as you would directly gain
back cpu time.

Normaly it should be fine to run the watchdog with lower expiration time
and use a normal priorised thread.

Best regards,

Ole Reinhardt

--
kernel concepts GbR             Tel:   +49-271-771091-14
Inh. Faerber & Kirchner         Fax:   +49-271-771091-19