[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS Upgrade, was: NutGetMillis in Uart ISR

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Sun Nov 11 14:08:16 CET 2007

Hi Harald

> The new enhanced HTTP support presented at
> http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/httpd-enhanced.html
> will probably solve most problems. But please wait for the next update.
> The memory hole described at the end of the document does exist in the
> published release.
I just upgraded to the latest NutOS 4.4.0 and tried the httpd-enhanced
application. Seems to work well in my small home network.
Then I compiled my webthermometer application with the new NutOS and the new
http sources. But that does not solve the issue with loading many small
GIFs. Maybe I did something wrong?

I first replaced the nut/include/pro/httpd.h with the one from the
httpd-enhanced sample, then added the rfctime.h to that directory. Then
rebuild NutOS using the configurator.

I then exchanged my Service Thread and it's startup mimic to that from the
httpd-enhanced demo and added hhtpd.c, httpopt.c and rfctime to my makefile.

Then compiled my thermometer app. It compiled without any errors an with one
warning in httpd.c:
httpd.c: In function `NutHttpProcessFileRequest':
httpd.c:512: warning: `filename' might be used uninitialized in this
function

It works, but that GIF problem is much worse than before. I nearly never get
all 11 GIFs loaded.

If I look an the serial port I get some messages while loading the page:

[51] Streams low
[51] No stream
[54] Streams low
[54] No stream

So I think I have not enough streams. Can I somehow increase that?

> We have two options. Either you wait until our company is the same size
> with a similar large network, or we'll try to set up a test in your
> network. What do you think?
I will test the Ethernut in our company network tomorrow. But the problem is
time. At work I have other things to do and cannot spent much time with my
Ethernut.

So let's wait what happens tomorrow. I will tell you.

Thank you
Thorsten