[En-Nut-Discussion] Atmega2561 samples with ICC

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Oct 9 19:58:22 CEST 2007

Jason,

We are currently re-evaluating all platform/compiler variants
http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/nutapps.html
Unfortunately ICCAVR hasn't been done yet.

Anyway, a previous short test showed, that most applications should work
with the default project files created by the Configurator. For Ethernut
2 with ATmega2561 and ICCAVR use ethernut21b-256.conf.

When loading the project into ICCAVR 7.14 (the one we currently use for
testing) or later, select ATmega2561 in Compiler Options -> Target ->
Device Configuration and make sure that 'External 32k SRAM' is selected.
All other compiler options should be correctly setup.

http://www.ethernut.de/en/documents/atmega2561.html
...shows the wrong macro _MCU_enhanced. Now _MCU_extended is used.
...shows -ucrtnutm256.o in 'Other Options'. Now this is set in
Non-default Startup, which is more ICCAVR-like.
...presents a section 'More Hints'. Simply forget this section.
...presents a section 'Known Bugs'. Basemon is again generally broken
for ICCAVR. ftpd works, but often needs very long time for
initialization. Reason is unknown. uart.c works fine.

Btw. egnite has some 2561 boards in stock. They are currently not
available in the online shop, because the bootloader is still missing.
embedded-it/umwelanalytik-holbach contributed an update, but this is for
the RTL8019 and needs some modification for the LAN91C111 driver.

Harald