[En-Nut-Discussion] RS485 Multimaster protocol

Piotr Szlachta pszlachta at supermedia.pl
Sun Oct 14 17:39:21 CEST 2007

Hi

I got one :)

It's multimaster, but has fixed frame length with 4 bytes data field.
Developed for '51, ported on Atmega128. Runs under Nut/OS.

There is one problem, source code is not documented AT ALL. All in my mind.

I'm planning to make documentation and share code, but not soon. Next year
earliest.

Did you think about CAN? If I today start with home-automation project I
would use CAN instead of RS485.

More about project: www.homeautomation.pl

Contact me on prive. I'll send you source code for my protocol and try to
help you with implementation if you stay sticked to RS485.
My advise: CAN.

Regards
Piotr.