[En-Nut-Discussion] RS485 Multimaster protocol

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Sun Oct 14 13:33:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

has anyone implemented a Multimaster RS485 half duplex protocol on the
Ethernut2, complete with collision detection? I want to use it for a home
automation system. The protocol should be run also on non-Ethernut nodes.
The Ethernut should become a webserver/RS485 gateway which I use to control
my home via a Nokia Internet Tablet.

The protocol should be able to send short packages up to 256 bytes from one
node to another and from one node to all nodes (broadcast). It should detect
collisions and do a retransmit then.

It would be nice if I haven't to reinvent the wheel.

Thank you
Thorsten