[En-Nut-Discussion] Portability of candemo.c

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Oct 15 10:35:59 CEST 2007

Henrik Maier schrieb:
> Sounds like I better install the ARM toolchain as well so I can test against
> ARM platform in the future before checking in software... (Did not expect
> this module to be compiled for ARM)

This hasn't been the case all the time. But adding if-clauses in
Makefiles require a *nix shell, which is typically not available on
Windows. In order to get rid of this, I thought it would be a good idea
to make all samples compilable. There are still if clauses left in
several Makefiles, which are used when building in the source tree
without the use of the Configurator. I have no idea how to remove these
and as long as the Configurator is not reliably working in all
environments, we need to offer building the system without.

YAGARTO is easy to install. On the other hand it is not really required.
We at egnite will regularly test all supported environments and fix
related problems anyway. The intention of my post was mainly to sharpen
your senses.