[En-Nut-Discussion] MII Switch

Tim DeBaillie debaillie at ciholas.com
Mon Oct 15 15:50:38 CEST 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Bill Knight wrote:

>   It is on our to-do list for the current project though we will be
> using an AT91SAM9260 and not the SAM7X.  The switch we are considering
> is the Micrel KS8993M.  How about you?

We got it to work.  Basically I had to setup boot strapping on the pins
to the switch and power cycle.  Then you just setup the SAM at the
speed you want to be linked at.  It's actually quite easy.

The EmacReset function basically sets up the MII pins, sets up the boot
strapping, power cycles the switch, and then sets the link speed.  There
is no need to configure any registers if you boot strap properly.

As for the chip we are using, I can't say.  It's under NDA.

Tim