[En-Nut-Discussion] CPU frequency on Charon board

Jakub Marsik jakub.marsik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:34:39 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to run Nut/OS on Charon 2 board which should be hardware
compatible with Ethernut 1.3 (ATmega128 CPU). There is a crystal with ~14.7
MHz frequency on the board. When I use say the simple example application
for Nut/OS and add just UART communication and printing of the result of
NutGetCpuClock() function, I receive value around 2944 Hz - which is 5 times
lower than expected.

What can be the cause of this? I have checked Nut/OS sources and the
frequency is determined only once (when needed for the first time) using
measuring cycle and timer using attached quarz crystal (32k Hz). The routine
seems to be correct.

Thanks

Jakub Marsik