[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut3 Code in ROM and in RAM

ml mludwig at adc-elektronik.de
Sat Sep 8 12:19:10 CEST 2007

Hello,

does anyone know the easiest way to get some peaces of code running in RAM
even if
the main code is running in ROM ? (build with AT91_ROM.LD) because i must
use the FLASH
for storing data at runtime.
Or can i store a complete bin file as a part of my rom-code, transfer it
completely to ram
and start it there ? (idea behind that is to attach a seriell or ftp
bootloader  to every programm,
so i´ve a selfcontaining, simple to use programming function)
I had read many about the linker scripts and the startup assembler sequences
but it is completly new
to me and really hard stuff. i thought about using crurom for the latter.

thank you for any hint.
best regards
martin