[En-Nut-Discussion] nut/os-timer-PORTA-problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Apr 3 19:19:55 CEST 2008

sumedh tirodkar wrote:
> In first reply it is mentioned that PORTA might be used for address bus. If
> PORTA is not made equal to 0, then no other function(life NutSleep or ADC
> related functionality) works.

Which I still do not believe.

> i wanted to know if there is some workaround for this.
> can we use some other port for this purpose instead of PORTA.

Sorry, I read the thread further up now and recognized, that you are
using Ethernut 2. You cannot easily use Ports A and C, because they are
internally connected to the RAM and Ethernet Controller.

Did you read
http://www.ethernut.de/pdf/ethernut21b_ehwm_2_0.pdf
pages 21 and 22?

How many port bits do you need?

Do you need any additional hardware? RS485? RS232? Ethernet?