[En-Nut-Discussion] Application does not boot when having large global variables on Ethernut3

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Fri Apr 4 18:58:12 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Not that I'm aware of.
> http://www.ethernut.de/arc/testarr-20080404.zip
> contains a little test program.

unfortunatly it does not start as well :(

Setting the array sizes like this ist the maximum value the application
will start:

#define CHAR_ARR_SIZE   6300
#define SHORT_ARR_SIZE  1024
#define LONG_ARR_SIZE   512

giving just a single byte more to any of this arrays will result in a
not starting application.

Would it help to send you my bootloader, linker script and init code?

As just said, this is in combination with my bootloader and running from
flash. I'll try this example as a standalone application and started
with tftp bootloader later this evening.

Bye,

Ole

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |