[En-Nut-Discussion] precompiled apps on Nut/OS 4.5.0. and 4.5.1

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sat Apr 5 00:59:32 CEST 2008

Hi Harald!

Yes, that was the reason. I have a Rev-D board, and my own apps were all
compiled correctly, just the precompiled apps in nut\bin were for the Rev-E
board (and I tried to run them first to see of everything is OK. Arghhh)

I am using Bootmon 1.0.2 and TFTP32 3.23 to download the binaries from the
PC into the Ethernut3 board.

To get the TFTP download running, I need to:
- stop/start TFTP32 each time to want to do a download,
- power cycle the Ethernut3 board (pressing reset is not enough)
- after entering the download image name into bootmon, most of the time I
need to reset the board and wait - without hitting the space bar.

Wireshark shows lots of ARP requests from the PC, but the Ethernut3 board
does not answer them. And the Ethernut3 board sending a TFTP Read Request is
not answered by the PC.

Only when the Ethernut3 board sends an ARP request and the PC responds, then
the TFTP Read Request is answered.
Weird. I have used the board in the past and it had work like a champ.

Need to look into that.

Thanks & regards
Ernst