[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS / Ethernut2 banked memory heaps

Ernst Stippl ernst at stippl.org
Sun Apr 20 23:44:56 CEST 2008

Hi!

After some tinkering, one of my "pet-projects" is ready for release into
Nut/OS (provided Harald & others deem it worthwhile)

I have put together an extension to the existing heap management for what I
call "private heaps" which reside in bank-switched memory on an Ethernut2.1

Because I have no CVS access, I have put together sources + doc in xheap.zip
which can be downloaded from. I am willing to learn CVS, but have no
experience at all with it.

http://www.es-business.com/Firma/eng/edocs.htm

(2nd link on this page). The directory structure of the .zip files resembles
the structure of a "nut" install directory + more.

I have also updated the Nutlib Query tool at

http://www.es-business.com/ethernut/nutlib/select_files.php
http://www.es-business.com/ethernut/nutlib/select_funcs.php

to include Nutlib Functions and Files of Nut/OS versions 4.5.3, 4.4.1,
4.3.3, 4.2.1, 4.1.9rc6, 4.1.9rc4, 4.1.5, 4.1.4, 4.0.3, 4.0.2, 3.9.9, 3.9.5
and 3.4.2

Have fun!

Ernst