[En-Nut-Discussion] Change Ethernut repository to SVN

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Aug 29 10:07:19 CEST 2008

Thiago,

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:

> Actually, since svn commits are "atomic", a set of changed files all
> share the same revision number and thru svn log one can figure out
> which files chnaged in each checkin. This makes specifying the files
> changed in the Changelog a bit less important.

Agreed.

> Also, makes it quite easier to do branch and merge operations.

Dito.

> server.  Later we moved on to berlios, but it was just because of
> bandwidth issues at that time.

Sourceforge's bandwidth, performance and refresh periods are quite well
these days. We only have to accept, that Sourceforge is not willing to
let us move the complete project history to another service.

IMHO, the recent commercialization of the site (banner ads etc.) is not
really annoying. But it is out of our control and may change when
financial pressure increases.