[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernet Failure

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Dec 11 10:20:37 CET 2008

JOhan ferouskain wrote:
>   Hello , i solved the problem  i had with the ethernet set up , i  followed your leads and rebuilded my  libraries for 1.3 .f and also i checked my makefiles and userconf and found out that since i migrated to newer nutos i ovewrited my userconf and   i had to remove the -D ETHERNUT 2 directive (now where did that came from ^^) from the userconf file ,  and substitute it with -D ethernut1 , worked like a charm   .
> Thanks alot for your help .

Thank you for reporting this. No idea how -DETHERNUT2 went into
UserConf.mk, but the Configurator will never override this file. Good
you solved this.

> Now i get some peculiar warnings though like implicit declaration of malloc , although my app works or another bizzare warnning is when i call inet_addr("192.168.1.1") arg 1 differs in
> singess  are the above warnings  normal ,r should i remove the -wall from gcc?

It's always better to get this solved in your code. While in most cases
warnings can be ignored, there are situations where it really shows a
potential bug. In any case Nut/OS apps can be compiled without compiler
warnings and when building the libraries itself warnings are even
treated as errors.

For malloc include stdlib.h.

The other warning is indeed strange, because arpa/inet.h declares

extern uint32_t inet_addr(CONST char *str);

so inet_addr("192.168.1.1") should not throw a warning.

Harald

P.S. Once again, pleazzze use proper inline quoting as explained at