[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP - Nut-os4.6.6 - atmega128.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Dec 12 09:51:09 CET 2008

Jari Heikkilä wrote:
> have run that without Debug uart and can connect to my BT device and
> even see GPRS calling but no go with PPP. Then I added Debug to other
> uart I have to get debug messages and what I can't get working is to
> first send some commands to uart1 and then use it as PPP device at the
> same time using uart0 as debug output.

Not sure, if I understood you correctly. But each physical device can
have no more than one driver attached. Thus, if PPP uses uart0 and BT
uses uart1, there is no more device available for devDebug.

Or you problem is, that you want to re-use the uart driver? For PPP it
is required to detach the network interface using
_ioctl(fd, HDLC_SETIFNET, 0);
in order to disable HDLC.

I'd like to have been more helpful,