[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP - Nut-os4.6.6 - atmega128.

jaripetteri jaripetteri at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:08:53 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:

> Jari Heikkilä wrote:
> > have run that without Debug uart and can connect to my BT device and
> > even see GPRS calling but no go with PPP. Then I added Debug to other
> > uart I have to get debug messages and what I can't get working is to
> > first send some commands to uart1 and then use it as PPP device at the
> > same time using uart0 as debug output.
>
> Not sure, if I understood you correctly. But each physical device can
> have no more than one driver attached. Thus, if PPP uses uart0 and BT
> uses uart1, there is no more device available for devDebug.
>
> Or you problem is, that you want to re-use the uart driver? For PPP it
> is required to detach the network interface using
> _ioctl(fd, HDLC_SETIFNET, 0);
> in order to disable HDLC.
>
> I like to use uart0 as debug and only debug so thats fine. Only thing is
I'm not sure can I use different driver for it than I'm using on uart1?

For uart1 I first need to use it for configurating my BT and GPRS modem and
then use it as PPP via that GPRS modem. I need to try that HDLC disabling,
my problem might be behind that so let see...

Thanks,

-jaRi

--
Electricity is blue and it hurts...