[En-Nut-Discussion] PPP - Nut-os4.6.6 - atmega128.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Dec 12 14:08:25 CET 2008

jaripetteri wrote:

> I'm not sure can I use different driver for it than I'm using on uart1?

You can't. When using ...open("uart1"...), Nut/OS will search through
the linked list of registered devices and stop searching at the first match.

As long as HDLC is not enabled (netif not attached), you can use the
AHDLC driver as a normal uart, like you do with chat during dial-up.
However, this driver may lack a few features compared to uartavr.

Btw. the debug driver is special:

- Uses polling mode
- stdio can be used within interrupt routines
- No input available
- Typically no baudrates other than 115200

If you register the normal driver and then register the debug driver on
the same device, your serial input may no longer work. I assume that
this is the problem you experienced.