[En-Nut-Discussion] at91sam7x bloader

Szemző András saam at kometa.hu
Thu Feb 7 08:22:23 CET 2008

Hi guys,

You have answered my problem, this is thy reason I would like to use
dataflash. :) Dataflash is relative cheap, so with a 512Kb part I can easyly
store
a backup image in the dataflash, what can be restored if something goes
wrong.

Yes, sorry, of course I thought at91sam7x_rom.ld,it was a typo.

I'm currently using AES 128bit extensively, and I would upload encrypted
firmware, and decrypt it at flash time. With all code
together, ( dataflash handling, AES decrypt, crc or md5 ), I don't want to
store all my code it the RAM always. So if I use a small separate
bootloader,
I save some RAM maybe, but I don't really know.

I've done a small test. Bootloader linked with NUT, ( ok, it's a first time
test, space consuming etc... ) I've written a small xmodem uploader, what
will
upload the NUT app from hyperterm to address 0x4000. The loader read rs232
and write flash successfully (seems) and jump to address 0x4000.
I used my own usart function, without IRQs, no Nut's libs.

I modified the .ld script, so Nut app is linked to 0x4000, but no success,
after the jump, it's not starting.

My exact problem is, what other steps needed before the jump :)
I'll try to found the answers from myself, but if anybody has an idea, it
will speed up the things :)

Thanks and Best Regards,
Andras

Ps: Ole, do you received my patch about AHDLC on at91?