[En-Nut-Discussion] at91sam7x bloader

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Thu Feb 7 09:52:48 CET 2008

Hi,

> I've done a small test. Bootloader linked with NUT, ( ok, it's a first time
> test, space consuming etc... ) I've written a small xmodem uploader, what
> will
> upload the NUT app from hyperterm to address 0x4000. The loader read rs232
> and write flash successfully (seems) and jump to address 0x4000.
> I used my own usart function, without IRQs, no Nut's libs.
>
> I modified the .ld script, so Nut app is linked to 0x4000, but no success,
> after the jump, it's not starting.
>
> My exact problem is, what other steps needed before the jump :)
> I'll try to found the answers from myself, but if anybody has an idea, it
> will speed up the things :)

I've done the same (xmodem bootloader) for the Ethernut 3.0 Board. If
you mind I could send you my code in PM. There is no encryption but a
quite good working xmodem / ymodem upload code and of course you can see
how the application will be started.

Best regards,

Ole

> Ps: Ole, do you received my patch about AHDLC on at91?

Yes! Thank you alot. I thought I just send you an answer?

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |