[En-Nut-Discussion] 4.5.0 beta problems and questions

duane ellis ethernut at duaneellis.com
Mon Feb 11 04:39:20 CET 2008

A question an a comment.

A) ------

I've tried to build a linux version of 4.5 from source - with various
problems.
Namely: Major problems with LUA - 5.x where X != 0
And some problems with wxWidgits - that might be me, or maybe I have a
newer version (I am using 2.8.7)
Is 4.5 viable? Or is it more alpha then beta?

B) -------

It is painful for me to use ethernut *because* it assumes the C compiler
is in my $PATH.
The problem is, I have several versions of  'arm-elf-gcc' - each for a
different project
and they do not play nicely with each other.

A simple solution to this (I have already worked out) is to let the user
specify a custom
prefix for the GNU compiler tools.

If you would like a patch that adds this feature, I can put it together
quite easily.

-Duane.