[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2 Xmem & Banked Memory

Steve Kelly steve at planetcontrols.com.au
Tue Feb 12 06:25:26 CET 2008

Is it possible to use the banked memory on the Ethernut 2 as a
continuous area?
In other words, when I initialize in imagecraft at startup, can I call
NutheapAdd(....) and add more than the 32k external memory that is
available by default.
I realize that the banks are in 16k blocks, but will they then be
transparent in that I can just use the memory as I do now with the
default 32k?
If so, does anyone know how I setup to use the banked memory? Do I just
include the bankmem.h and use NutheapAdd(....).
Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Steve Kelly
Projects and Systems Development Engineer

36 Costin Street
Fortitude Valley Qld  4006
Ph: (07) 3852 1255
Fax: (07) 3852 1272