[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS development with Eclipse

William Baker bbaker at priefert.com
Tue Feb 12 22:35:58 CET 2008

I've seen multiple Eclipse plugins that might help NutOS development.
For the AVR, one of them is avr-eclipse.  I've downloaded it and played
with it.  Right now, I'm not at peace with the managed makefiles, but
I'll work it out.  Uses avr-gcc from WinAVR.

Another plugin is Zylin's Embedded CDT, which claims not to be CPU
specific.  Is this tool set up-to-date?  Believe it uses OpenOCD for ARM
development.  Then for ARM only, there's YAGARTO and OpenOCD.  Then
there's also WinARM.

My primary Nut/OS target is the AVR XNut, but I'm anticipating some ARM
development.

Can anyone recommend their personal favorite or one that has had good
success?