[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2 Xmem & Banked Memory

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Wed Feb 13 01:18:56 CET 2008

Hi,

my suggestion is just to change NUTXMEM_SIZE value.
We are using it this way with Charon2, which also uses XILINX for
address decoding and memory banking.

I think this will work on Ethernut2 too. My question was, if 8kB
mapped for planned for custom extensions, can be used as a heap RAM too.
I know, that this will require CPLD reprogramming, but I do not know
how complicated this is and how much effort it can take ?

========================

========================
 >From: "Henrik Maier" <hmlists at focus-sw.com>
 >
 >I think what Steve wants to achieve is just to have one bank enabled all the
 >time right from start-up so his main memory is made up from 32 K standard
 >memory + 16 K banked area = total of 48 K area. He is not interested in
 >swapping banks around or accessing memory beyond 48 K.
 >
 >Basically using the Ethernut 2 in a configuration where the XRAM is 48K in
 >total instead of 32K.
 >
 >Does anybody know if this is possible and if yes how can it be setup with
 >Imagecraft?

Dusan