[En-Nut-Discussion] FW: LAN91C111 - How to chang MAC/PHY auto-negotiation to Manual 10Mbit?

Francisco Mendes FMendes at milenio3.pt
Wed Jan 2 17:05:04 CET 2008

(I've send previously an incomplete email by mistake, sorry.)
Hello,

I'm using an Ethernut 2.1B board and would like to lower the consumption.
The LAN91C111 consumes about 200mA at 100Mb.

The driver code (lanc111.c) use Auto negotiation by default:
        static int NicPhyConfig(void)
        {
        /* Set RPC register. */
        mode = RPCR_ANEG | RPCR_LEDA_PAT | RPCR_LEDB_PAT;

I've changed this to clear the auto negotiation bit (RPCR_ANEG):
        /* Set RPC register. */
        mode = RPCR_LEDA_PAT | RPCR_LEDB_PAT;

I expect that controller would be configured to 10Mb but with this change I could not communicate with the board.
I would like an opinion for helping figure this out.

Regards,
Francisco