[En-Nut-Discussion] Yagarto and Arm Problems

Mark vd Waal van Dijk M.v.d.Waal_v.Dijk at krohne-altometer.nl
Fri Jan 4 11:01:33 CET 2008

Hi Jörg

I have a working configuration for debugging with Eclipse and J-Link GDB for
the AT91SAM7X-EK board, but it took me some time to get it on the road too.
There is a nice document about it on the atmel site:

http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/atmel_tutorial_source.zip

In combination with the tutorial about debugging Nut/OS on the Yagarto site,
you should be able to get a working configuration:

http://www.yagarto.de/howto/debugnutos/index.html

A few things I can tell you are doing wrong:

- Your commands for the J-link GDB server. The following work here:

'Initialize' commands field in Eclipse:

target remote localhost:2331

'Run' commands field in Eclipse:

monitor reset
monitor speed 30
monitor speed auto
monitor long 0xffffff60 0x00320100
monitor long 0xfffffd44 0xa0008000
monitor long 0xfffffc20 0xa0000601
monitor sleep 100
monitor long 0xfffffc2c 0x00480a0e
monitor sleep 200
monitor long 0xfffffc30 0x7
monitor sleep 100
monitor long 0xfffffd08 0xa5000401
set remote memory-write-packet-size 1024
set remote memory-write-packet-size fixed
set remote memory-read-packet-size 1024
set remote memory-read-packet-size fixed
continue

I think the commands you are using are meant for the OpenOCD, not for the
J-Link. You have to change /add some other settings in Eclipse too, but the
tutorial from Atmel is pretty clear about it. The tutorial describes both
OpenOCD and J-link, so be sure to take the right settings!

Good luck :)

Mark