[En-Nut-Discussion] atmega2560 support

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 16:50:29 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Chris Gude <cg at tis-net.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently worked on some changes to support the ATMega1280, which
> should be pretty similar to your work.

Cool. Did you get the other serial ports to work too? I've done the
changes in the lua script to add the additional serial ports, but
didn't yet add it to the code.

> If you use avr-gcc:
> First of all check whether the macro __AVR_3_BYTE_PC__ is activated.(It
> is used in arch\avr\os\context_gcc.c)
> This Macro is similar to MCU_ATMEGA2561 and makes sure, that the stack
> pointer is set correctly, so that the threads can be started.

So, this is set in the Makefiles then? Nutconf.mk or something?
I grepped for it but couldn't find where it was set, then I guess this
confirms it. It's most likely not set, will try again with it
explicitly set on the makefile.

> And are you able to debug the Nut/Os code or just your usercode? Because
> if you are able to debug the Nut/Os you could set a breakpoint at
> NutInit() or NutInitHeap() to see where you get stuck.

I suppose I could debug ethernut code as well, I'm not quite sure how
though. AVRStudio isn't exactly very good at debuging. Idealy, it
would have loaded up the debug symbols from ethernut ( I compiled with
debug support ), but it didn't.

Kind Regards,
    Thiago A. Correa.