[En-Nut-Discussion] Important - Request for Support

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Jul 10 19:58:56 CEST 2008

Hi Nut/OS Fans and Supporters,

During the last years commercial interest in Nut/OS had been increasing
significantly. Our company made a few bucks, or a few more :) by
offering support to companies. This had been fun and attractive.

But looking to some long lasting bugs, feature request or awfully
outdated documentations, we had to decline several requests during the
last months, which is sometimes difficult and less fun. To maintain the
good reputation of this project in the future, our company must focus on
the project and the key products. That's obvious. On the financial side
the company is doing quite well by selling hardware.

Some years ago we asked for people and companies, who are able to offer
commercial support. If I remember correctly, there had been a webpage
with two or three entries, which vanished somehow over the time.

Today we have about 600 subscribers in this list, including several
major companies we are happy to have as long term customers.
Furthermore, there are many companies selling products based on
Ethernut, including several "competitors" who are selling similar boards
as we do. We feel, it is important for this project, that it is not
based on egnite only.

OK, what's the reason behind all this blah blah? I'd like to add a list
of commercial supporters at, let's say
http://www.ethernut.de/en/support/index.html
In a first version, I'd suggest just to add links to home or contact
pages of companies or private persons, who would like to offer
commercial support. A logo would be nice, if available. Later we may
think about more.

This time I hope to receive tons of emails ;-)