[En-Nut-Discussion] atmega2560 support

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Tue Jul 15 00:12:21 CEST 2008

Hi Thiago,

we did not have problem with Nut/OS. We had to
tune our old compiler application code to fit with char casting etc.

__AVR_3_BYTE_PC__ is a builtin compiler macro,
once you select avr6 architecture.

If you have still WinAVR-20080610 installed, you
can look in
file:///C:/WinAVR-20080610/doc/avr-libc/avr-libc-user-manual/using_tools.html

>From: "Thiago A. Corrêa" <thiago.correa at gmail.com>
>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:55:59 -0300
>Hi Dusan,
>
>    That's nice. Would you be interested in sending back your changes
>for inclusion in upstream ethernut? I could add them, with proper
>credit, of course. I had to upgrade my WinAVR install because we were
>going to start a project using atmega1284p, but we had to go back to
>644p because, despite being available on evaluation boards, 1284p
>isn't yet in "production" until next year. :(
>    Thanks for the compiler tip, will try that, with some luck perhaps
>it will just work *smile*
>
>    Anyway... so, did you explicitly set __AVR_3_BYTE_PC__? I can't
>seam to find where it's being set, as I said in an earlier mail.
>
>Kind Regards,
>    Thiago A. Correa

Dusan