[En-Nut-Discussion] UDP Throughput

Omar.Qureshi at L-3com.com Omar.Qureshi at L-3com.com
Thu Jun 19 19:54:14 CEST 2008

Greetings everyone,

I am running EtherNut on my ATMega128 (14.5MHz) with the 91C111 Mac Phy
chip on a 100BaseTX network.  I've looked around the net and not seen
anybody's number on packets per second throughput.  What kind of packets
per second throughput (with max  580 byte packets) should be acheiveable
with this setup?  What have you guys seen?  I'm interested in seeing how
much UDP multicast traffic this setup should be able to swallow without
dropping too many packets.

Omar Qureshi