[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem connecting analog sound on port F

Henrik Maier hmlists at focus-sw.com
Thu Mar 13 03:10:04 CET 2008

If you have a device which can only be programmed with JTAG then you must
not touch the JTAG fuse bit as it renders the device not being programmable
afterwards. You turned off the programming feature forever. This is not
desirable in most situations.

If your device is programmed using SPI/ISP, then the JTAG can be disabled
safely using the fuse bit.

More info can be found in the ATMega128 data sheet which I recommend to
consult always before changing any fuse bits. It always a good idea to learn
about the consequences of sometimes irreversible actions.

Henrik
http://www.proconx.com