[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 5.0 Schematic Preview

Alain M. alainm at pobox.com
Thu May 8 16:42:44 CEST 2008

duane ellis escreveu:
> Harald > [nut5 schematic for review]
>
> duane> 5)   Why is JTAG a non-standard connector? (not 20pin?)
>
> Yes, but ARM is ARM, and AVR is AVR..

FWIM, I vote for standard connector too. Maybe when the first ethernut
came around it made sense, but now ARM is the world standard ;)

> I use this:   http://www.segger.com/at91.html
> Why? For $129 USD (digikey) - it comes with a license for *ALL* features

Why? I have been using Olimex JTAG-Tiny which is $50. It is working on
Atmel-ARM7, Atmel-ARM9, Luminary-CortexM3...

> An alternative would be to have test points, or solder eye-lets one can
> solder wires to...
> Soldering to chip pins sucks....

0R resistors are ok, and keeping nothing smaller than 0805 would be
greatly appreciated

Alain