[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 5.0 Schematic Preview

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu May 8 17:18:37 CEST 2008

Alain M. wrote:
> duane ellis escreveu:
>> Harald > [nut5 schematic for review]
>>
>> duane> 5)   Why is JTAG a non-standard connector? (not 20pin?)
>>
>> Yes, but ARM is ARM, and AVR is AVR..
>
> FWIM, I vote for standard connector too. Maybe when the first ethernut
> came around it made sense, but now ARM is the world standard ;)

Me too, but the available board space is against this bulky connector. :-)

I considered using the new 38-pin AMP Mictor. Since now I haven't been
able to get informations about price and delivery time. I definitely
won't pay the price offered by Digikey.

Is there any problem using an adapter? Similar to
http://www.ethernut.de/en/hardware/turtelizer/index.html
(The PDF in chapter "JTAG Adapter")