[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS 4.4.0: NutEnterCritical / NutExitCritical

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon May 19 18:06:41 CEST 2008

Andreas Helmcke wrote:
> since the discussion about the Bug in NutEnterCritical / NutExitCritical
> on ARM seems to have sort of "dried out" with, as far as I can see, no
> real solution I just like to ask when there will be a changed / fixed
> version.

If I got it right, the result of the discussion was, that no simple fix
seems to be acceptable. The solution suggested by Duane is quite
attractive, but would require some rewrite of interrupt handlers and a
lot of time for testing. Unfortunately I wouldn't have the time right
now to give it a try.

Anyone else with enough time?

Any other simple solution?

Should we disable Enter/ExitCritical nesting temporarily?