[En-Nut-Discussion] Make questions, next set of patches

duane ellis ethernut at duaneellis.com
Wed May 21 04:45:11 CEST 2008

Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:40 PM, duane ellis <ethernut at duaneellis.com> wrote:
>
>> TWO issues
>>
>> ------------------
>> ISSUE 1.
>> ------------------
>>
>> True or False?
>>    All makefiles in NUT are processed by GNU make.
>>    Not funny other makes that have odd problems.
>>
>> I presume true.
>>

> Actually, no. There is ICC make, which is a supported platform. Don't
> know about other variations.

Hmm, ICC-MAKE is interesting - and not really documented at all :-( In
fact, all I can find is this page:

http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/help/iccarm/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=ICCARMHelp&file=9-CmdLine2.html#wp488383

Which says:

 >>> This implementation of |make| is sufficient for use by the IDE.
However, if you are a power user that
 >>> needs the full power of the |make| utility, you should use a
full-featured |make| implementation such as
 >>> the GNU |make| program.

Is it bad/hard/or not desired - to require that a more "full featured"
make utility be used?
It simplifies many things (I say that knowing full well, that is a very
one sided statement).

Digging up the original author is of the icc-make package (Jacombe
Navia) does not lead to much information other then he wrote 'icc-win32"

-Duane.