[En-Nut-Discussion] SAM9260-EK getting started

wsoc w.s.ovalle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:08:41 CET 2008

Hi Harald,

I use own-designed board based on AT91SAM9260-EK project (in fact, it's just
simplified EK) with DM9161AEP chip and Nut/OS 4.6.4 downloaded from site.
After solving some problems with making it work at all I found these issues:

1. Setting NIC_PHY_ADDR to 8 drives to chip id recognition failure (reads
0x7FFF and 0xFFFF from ID1 and ID2 registers), and when i set it to 0 values
read are ok.
2. Link negotiation, DHCP and static IP work fine with both values of
NIC_PHY_ADDR (for 8 I commented out chip recognition code, just read and
diplayed id values), ping gives a response.
3. When I get connected via telnet (with modified rs232d example) it also
works until I try to send some data - then it makes my program start again
and tell that IP address is 0.0.0.0 after net configuration. When I then
reset my board it configures fine again.

I also found somewhat strange comment in at91_emac.c (line 731, about
EmacPutPacket()):

\todo This routine simply does not work. Any idea?

Is this my own, or general problem with this PHY?
I just need to at least know if it's worth my time to try to solve it or to
search for hardware problems..