[En-Nut-Discussion] NutOS Unix emulation status?

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at etech.cz
Wed Nov 12 21:50:18 CET 2008

Hi guys,

if it is working with winpcap.dll on Windows, I expect it should work
with libpcap on a Linux.
This library is often a part of a Linux distribution.
We use it for running Tshark (cmd line version of Wireshark) on
Freescale MCF5475.

... and ready to advice with compilation flags, macro definitions etc.

At 12:00 12.11.2008, Harald Kipp <harald.kipp at egnite.de> wrote:
>It's on my list and I'm not happy with the current status. Actually
>my time is very limited, but I'm most interested to get this back on track.
>
>I do not have much experience with sending raw Ethernet packets on
>Linux, but I know how to do this on Windows (using the WinPCap lib).
>It shouldn't be too difficult to create a new Ethernet driver for
>Nut/OS to be used with the Linux emulation.

Dusan