[En-Nut-Discussion] nut/os and own design hardware

jaripetteri jaripetteri at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 09:38:32 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm newbie with Ethernut & Nut/OS and could use some help of you experts.

I have made my own board with AT90CAN128 and some Bluetooth module on it.
Bluetooth is connected to UART1 and I also need to use CAN controller build
inside MCU. Because of BT module I need to run this HW with 3.3V VCC and max
8.00MHz clock. There is no extra SRAM on my board... =(

I have two type of system needed to build with it. One being link between
CAN-BUS and PC via BT SPP (BT module can handle SPP so basically MCU see its
as UART). Another system needs to use BT modem to connect server on internet
and send some data there collected from CAN-BUS. For this I need ppp and
tcip.

What you think, is it possible do those things with Nut/OS and without extra
SRAM? First one I guest yes but second one may be difficult, even
impossible?

Also how I make config file for my board to use with Nut/OS Configure Tool?
Haven't find any document about config file structure and commands to use.

I have done some SW already to be able communicate between CAN and UART but
just recently find out Ethernut and would like to test it.

Thanks for any info you can give me,

BR,
jaripetteri