[En-Nut-Discussion] shot filenames in nut- PHAT fs

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de
Wed Oct 1 11:19:19 CEST 2008

Hi Rob,

> - did other Nut-users run into the same issue before?

Yes, I had the same problem before and postet it on the list already. I
had a timestamp as filename, and as you can think the first part was the
year and month, so it was not changing that much in short time :) Run
into the same problem. I solved it by turning the name around, starting
now with the seconds in the filename.

> - do I overlook something trivial here?

No.

> - anybody knows a better algoritm that tries harder to create unique 8.3
> filenames?

Not yet realy. But for shure you are right. We could simply implement a
hash algorithm, but you won't be able to read the short filenames at
all.

Perhaps we should take a side look to other free VFAT implementations...

> ps: we got SD-HC cards working for writing as well now. Not sure how to
> commit the changes.....

You could send me a patch if you like. At least me, I'm interested in
it. I would then check in the patch into the development tree.

Regards,

Ole Reinhardt

| Embedded-IT          Hard- und Softwarelösungen             |
| Ole Reinhardt        Tel. / Fax:        +49 (0)271  7420433 |
| Luisenstraße 29      Mobil:             +49 (0)177  7420433 |
| 57076 Siegen         eMail:    ole.reinhardt at embedded-it.de |
| Germany              Web:         http://www.embedded-it.de |
|                      UstID / VAT:       DE198944716         |