[En-Nut-Discussion] IRQ on EIR board

Thierry GRAUSS tgrauss at free.fr
Sat Oct 11 14:34:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have (will receive soon) the EIR board. It will be used as a control board
for
a preamplifier. I will then have to connect switchs and buttons to be able to
control my preamp.
The problem is that there are no IRQ lines available, so I can't wake up the
CPU
when it is sleeping and I push on the push button to turn on or push a key of
the remote to wake up the preamp.
For other buttons, no problem, as I can implement a counter which will
interrupt
the CPU, which will then check if a button is pressed. But when it is sleeping
(not using the preamp) ... it is not nice to have such behaviour.

Another solution might be to have a microcontroller to manage the user inputs
and this one turning of the EIR board when it should sleep, and turning on the
EIR when we push the ON button.

Does someone have a better idea on how to get arround this lack of interrupt
lines ?

Thanks

Thierry