[En-Nut-Discussion] IPv6

johan van der Stoel johan at streamit.eu
Wed Sep 17 09:41:56 CEST 2008

>>> One issue I see is that fitting both IPv4 and IPv6 in would greatly
increase
>>> the code size
>>> and complexity, but the expectation is likely to be supporting either v4
or
>>> both v4 and v6. (v4 || (v4 & v6))
>>
>> uIP uses a preprocessor macro to include or exclude IPv6 support. This
>> seems to be practical.
>I agree too. Specially because most people that are thinking about ipv6
>will most likely be using bigger chips, where that amout of extra memory
>is not a concern :)

This brings me to the following questions: having said this, does anyone
have an estimation about the extra code size? The same question about the
performance: does IPv6 significantly reduce performance (on ATMEGA) or is it
only minor?

Johan van der Stoel

---------
Streamit BV
Flight Forum 3543 - 5657 DW Eindhoven - The Netherlands
KvK: 17192664

Email: johan at streamit.eu
Web:  http://www.streamit.eu <http://www.streamit.eu/>
Mobile: +31 6 18842718