[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Initialization

duane ellis ethernut at duaneellis.com
Thu Sep 18 12:31:39 CEST 2008

Harald Kipp wrote:
> Though I have no idea yet how to spit out a "deprecated warning" without
> removing -Werror, which would open a big door for careless programming.

Just like 'gcc' you can make it spit out a "this is a dangerous
function" warning when you link your program.

Classic example is:    "mktemp" -

GOOGLE for:  gcc mktemp dangerous

It is done via a #define macro - that stuffs things into special linker
segments.

GOOGLE for "glibc link_warning" is the way it is done.

(not unlike stuffing init things into a special segment that was
discussed earlier)

-Duane.