[En-Nut-Discussion] Watchdog Debugging

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Sep 24 18:31:25 CEST 2008

Nathan Moore wrote:
> I don't see why you would consider this memory area to be on the heap in the
> first place.
> I tried something similar by chopping down the size of RAM that the Os was
> configured to use,
> and using that extra for keeping a thread history (last 10 threads), but
> something funky kept
> happening to that RAM -- either a bug in my code or something the Os did
> that I didn't know about.

Without reading the details of the original post, I may be able to help
here. Depending on the platform, the runtime initialization may make use
of the stack before/while entering NutInit. To reserve some RAM on the
top, it may be required to inform the linker as well.
GNU AVR linker option --defsym,__stack=0x10FF
GNU ARM linker script section MEMORY (reducing the len parameter of the ram)