[En-Nut-Discussion] Applet Java

José Vallet jose.vallet at hut.fi
Thu Apr 23 13:24:20 CEST 2009

Hi Benoit.

Benoit Smeysters wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want send datas with my browser back to my application that's run on my ethernut board
>
> Is it possible to include applet Java in my web server instead of a cgi ?

Indeed it is. We have an application that just do that. We have several
sockets opened to control several daemons running in an Ethernut from a
applet GUI loaded from the http server of the Ethernut, while the
Ethernut sends data to the GUI in real time for monitoring purposes.

In our application the server is in Ethernut and the client is in the
applet, but there should not be any problem doing it the other way
around, if that is what you want.

> Someone has a tutorial or a link with explanation ? Or maybe an example ?

Just use normal socket programming to develop client and server, that's
the beauty of NutOS here. Then place the applet in the root of the
Ethernut http server and download the applet with your browser. You
might need to sign the applet.

I think I have an example of a "kind of oscilloscope" that I sent long
time ago to to a member of this list. The problem is that the files are
binaries (for Ethernut 2), and I don't have the source code any more (I
just rescued the binaries from my mail files).

For more details check
http://groups.google.com/group/osdeve_mirror_rtos_En-Nut-Discussion/browse_frm/thread/5fb57d175c338371/c04350c07bac9a63?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Web+Charts%3F+Use+java%3F#c04350c07bac9a63

If you still want me to send you the binaries let me know. They might
not be good for learning, but might demonstrate what you want.

José